23 March 2021
Global Neuro Webinar—Multidisciplinary Case-based Management of Severe TBI guided by SIBICC Guidelines
Time: 9:00-10:30 AM (PDT), 12:00-1:30 PM (EDT), 6:00-7:30 PM (CEST)
In this Webinar, Global Neuro faculty will discuss in a real-life case how to apply the two SIBICC algorithms. A nurse, a surgeon and an intensivist will analyze and discuss treatment options and their implications.
The Webinar will be interactive, and you will be able to answer polls about the next step to be taken and ask questions.
One or two cases will be presented in a 1.5 hour considering the nurse, the intensivist, and the surgeon approach. Some of the topics that will be taken into consideration are:
· Impact of suctioning on ICP & desaturation.
· Impact of positioning and of medications on perfusion
· Safety of medication administration
· Temperature management
· Neuroworsening assessment
· Nurse as the best monitor
· When to put an ICP
· What is tier 0
· Choosing early treatment (incl. Mannitol vs. hypertonic saline)
· Tier 1 or 2 after not having been successful or even tier 3 and what to do when going there
· Elevated ICP, contusions, not treated surgically immediately
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the Joint Providership of CME Outfitters, LLC, and Global Neuro. CME Outfitters, LLC is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CME Outfitters, LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 15510, for 1.5 contact hours.
By completing this course, participants will be better able to:
- Apply SIBICC#1 guidelines on patients with ICP monitoring
- Apply SIBICC#2 guidelines on patients with combined ICP and brain tissue oxygen monitoring
- Manage the escalation of care in patients suffering from severe TBI
Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington
- Karen March
These Global Neuro webinars have been developed for residents, intensivists, nurses, surgeons, and other physicians who are interested in the management of severe Traumatic Brain Injury, complex patient care, clinical research, and an interdisciplinary approach.
Please log in to register for the event!
Are you new to Global Neuro?