22 - 24 January 2021 | Italy | Rome
Global Neuro Dissection Course—Complex Cranial Approaches to Skull Base and Surrounding Areas
The course is based on the competencies defined in Global Neuro’s curriculum for skull base and features an international and national faculty of experts in the field. It is delivered through a combination of lectures, especially focused on surgical anatomy, pertinent case-based case discussions, and hands-on dissection. Didactic sessions will focus on anatomy as well as on concepts, strategies, and modern techniques to deal with the most common skull base and surrounding areas affecting diseases. Dissections will cover the most common microsurgical and endoscopic approaches in a systematically guided manner and will be performed in a high-level laboratory with anatomical specimens. Special focus will be given to numerous case discussion sessions.
This course addresses the complex anatomical structures of the skull base and surrounding areas, relevant approaches, and current concepts in the surgical management of skull base lesions, including trauma. It will enhance surgical skills in endoscopic and open approaches, with a focus on interdisciplinary management.
The course also strives to provide an opportunity for participants to debate and exchange ideas and experiences in an open and constructive debate with the leading experts in the field, through a direct and informal face to face experience between teachers and participants. This course has an almost equal number of faculty and attendees that allows for this unique experience.
The faculty include well known Italian and international speakers, with whom a fruitful collaboration has been established for many years.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the complex anatomy of the skull base and its relation to the surrounding areas
- Perform the most up-to-date endoscopic and microsurgical approaches
- Recognize the most adequate surgical approach for the most relevant pathologies (tumor, vascular, trauma, etc.) affecting skull base and surrounding areas
- Handle with the most up-to-date integrated treatment practices for these pathologies
- Review the technical solutions that are available to perform safe and precise skull base procedures
The Global Neuro Skull Base course has been developed for neurosurgeons, CMF surgeons, ENT surgeons, and surgeons practicing in related disciplines (eg, trauma surgeons, plastic surgeons, etc.).