Global Neuro Advanced Course—Neurotrauma: Shaping the future of Neurotrauma Monitoring and Management from its Origins
- 10 - 11 November 2023
- United Kingdom | Edinburgh
- Andreas Demetriades University of Edinburgh
- Andres M. Rubiano University El Bosque / ValleSalud Clinical Network
Registration fee: EUR 500.00
In our effort to make this course more available to those who seek to enhance their knowledge and skills, we are substantially reducing the price of this course to 75.00 Euros
The Global Neuro Advanced Course has been developed for trainees, surgeons, and physicians who are interesed in the management of cranial and spinal neurotrauma and who have a strong interest in complex patient care, clinical research, and an interdisciplinary approach.
This course covers the current best strategies and considerations for managing neurotrauma patients with a special emphasis on advanced surgical treatment and neuromonitoring. The course is based on competencies defined in Global Neuro’s curriculum. The content is delivered using multiple methods. Comprehensive lectures concentrate on the understanding of core material. Interactive case presentations further deepen this knowledge and enrich the discussion in trauma management. Practical sessions teach the application of Global Neuro principles to the management of common injuries. Case-based discussions link the lecture material and practical skills with the clinical problems encountered in clinical practice.
After the course, the participants will be able to
- Apply current classification systems, guidelines and recommendations in neurotrauma
- Name new trends and future topics in neurotrauma care
- Manage complex neurotrauma, including penetrating injuries, vascular injuries, skull base fractures and spinal cord injuries with an interdisciplinary approach
- Conduct and interpret advanced imaging and neuromonitoring
- Plan and perform the following operative techniques: multifunctional probes, complex cranial reconstruction, and dural repair
- Manage complex complications such as metabolic disturbances, CSF leaks, coagulopathy, and cranial neuropathies
- Discuss and conduct state-of-the-art clinical research
Cancellation Policy: No refunds.