Global Neuro Advanced Course— Neurotrauma
(With Hands-on Training)
- 20 - 21 October 2023
- Brazil | Sao Paulo
- Andres M. Rubiano University El Bosque / ValleSalud Clinical Network
- Wellingson Paiva University of Sao Paulo
Registration fee: USD 120.00
This course covers the management of complex cranial neurotrauma using advanced monitoring devices and techniques. There will also be a focus on the management of challenging clinical scenarios and complications.
The Global Neuro Advanced Course—Neurotrauma has been developed for neurosurgeons and neurointensivists, residents, surgeons, and physicians who are experienced in the management of cranial neurotrauma and who have a strong interest in complex patient care, clinical research, and an interdisciplinary approach.
This course covers the current best strategies and considerations for managing neurotrauma patients and is based on competencies defined in Global Neuro’s curriculum. The content is delivered using multiple methods. Comprehensive lectures concentrate on the understanding of core material. Interactive case presentations deepen this knowledge and enrich the discussion in trauma management. Practical exercises sessions teach the application of Global Neuro principles to manage common injuries. Case-based discussions link the lecture material and practical skills with the problems encountered in clinical practice.
Participants will be able to interact throughout the course.
The Global Neuro Advanced Course—Neurotrauma covers the management of complex cranial neurotrauma using advanced monitoring devices, and techniques.
There will also be a focus on the management of challenging clinical scenarios and complications.
By completing this course, participants will be better able to:
- Conduct and interpret advanced imaging and neuromonitoring
- Manage complex cases of neurotrauma, including penetrating injuries, vascular injuries, and skull base fractures with an interdisciplinary approach
- Apply current classification systems and guidelines in neurotrauma
- Plan and perform the following operative techniques: multifunctional probes, complex cranial reconstruction, including pain control