Guayaquil / Ecuador / Latin America / TBA
Global Neuro Advanced Course—Neurotrauma at XXXIX Latin American Congress of Neurosurgery CLAN
This course covers the current best strategies and considerations for managing neurotrauma patients and is based on competencies defined in Global Neuro’s curriculum. The content is delivered using multiple methods. Comprehensive lectures concentrate on the understanding of core material. Interactive case presentations further deepen this knowledge and enrich the discussion in trauma management. Practical sessions teach the application of Global Neuro principles to the management of common injuries. Case-based discussions link the lecture material and practical skills with the clinical problems encountered in clinical practice.
The course covers covers the management of complex cranial neurotrauma using advanced monitoring, devices, and techniques. There will also be a focus on current research and the management of challenging clinical scenarios and complications.
By completing the advanced course, participants will be better able to:
- Apply current classification systems and guidelines in neurotrauma
- Manage complex neurotrauma, including penetrating injuries, vascular injuries, and skull base fractures with an interdisciplinary approach
- Conduct and interpret advanced imaging and neuromonitoring
- Plan and perform the following operative techniques: multifunctional probes, complex cranial reconstruction, and dural repair
- Manage complex complications such as metabolic disturbances, CSF leaks, coagulopathy, and cranial neuropathies
- Discuss and conduct state-of-the-art clinical research
The Global Neuro Advanced Course has been developed for residents, surgeons, and physicians who are experienced in the management of cranial neurotrauma and who have a strong interest in complex patient care, clinical research, and an interdisciplinary approach.
Registration for this course will be open soon. For pre-registration please contact Ximena Rodriguez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Global Neuro Foundation
Mobile: +1 321 732 2199