Santiago / Chile / Latin America / 23/10/2020 - 24/10/2020
Global Neuro Advanced Course—Neurotrauma
This course covers the current best strategies and considerations for managing neurotrauma patients and is based on competencies defined in Global Neuro’s curriculum. The content is delivered using multiple methods. Comprehensive lectures concentrate on the understanding of core material. Interactive case presentations deepen this knowledge and enrich the discussion in trauma management. Demo sessions teach the application of Global Neuro principles to manage common injuries. Case-based discussions link the lecture material and practical skills with the problems encountered in clinical practice.
By completing this course, participants will be better able to:
- Apply current classification systems and guidelines in neurotrauma
- Manage complex neurotrauma, including penetrating injuries, vascular injuries, and skull base fractures with an interdisciplinary approach
- Conduct and interpret advanced imaging and neuromonitoring
- Plan and perform the following operative techniques: multifunctional probes, complex cranial reconstruction, including complex bleeding control.
- Manage complex complications such as metabolic disturbances, CSF leaks, and coagulopathy.
- Patricio Bustos
- Jose Ignacio Moretti
- Andres Rubiano (Colombia)
- Ivan Timofeev (U.K.)